Friday, July 06, 2012

Karen girls and Psalm 139

Today I got up early to walk since it's supposed to be close to 100 degrees.  Our thermometer said that earlier this afternoon.  It was still so humid that I was drenched in sweat at 8am.  Yuck!

I got myself ready and went to pick up the Karen girls around 10am.  EDD, EDP, ET, BB, and Bobbi, which is what Ba Bler goes by these days, came with me today.  Abby had a bread bash at 10:30 but thankfully, was home after just a few minutes--at least by 11am.  So she took them all to the pool until around 12:30.  It was super hot, but they still had a lot of fun.  No way I could sit by the pool with them though, so Abby got that job.  Bobbi is 15, EDD is 14 and the others are 12/13.  So there really aren't any "little" kids anymore to be worried about.

While they were down there, I made "soup and rice" which seemed quite ridiculous--to be making chili when it's 100 degrees outside, but they ate it up!  I had gotten out some of the bags of clothes that Abby had gotten rid of, and they looked through them and took out what they wanted.  EDP was walking around in Abby's old blue robe and slippers for most of the afternoon!

We made more of the same kind of craft that they did for Valentine's Day with the tissue paper glued onto poster board.  But instead of using hearts, EDD made a star, and Bobbi made a flower.  ET still made a heart though.  We barely finished those before it was time to take them to UV for Kids' Club.  They are all helpers now.  Hard to believe!  It was also Patriotic Day, so they were all supposed to wear red, white, and blue.  They all managed to find things either with what they brought from home, or from Abby's stuff.  And at the very last minute, they tied R,W, B ribbons in their hair too--almost made us late!!

I came home and cleaned up all the mess from the craft, the crumbs and cups from lunch, and the clothes/wet towels from swimming.  The three younger ones didn't get the memo about drying off before coming inside so they were dripping everywhere!  Plus grass from walking barefoot on the way home...I think I got it all cleaned up!

Had a quiet time and Jeff should be home soon.

I read Psalm 139 yesterday and today.  Just taking a section of a time and finding it very encouraging to think about how God knows me so well.  Verses 1-6 yesterday--God has searched me and known me.  He understands my thoughts.  He has His hands behind me--to catch me, to nudge me forward, to let me lean on.  Before me--to lead me forward.  And He's laid His hand on top of my life to bless it.  What a comforting picture!  Especially as I'm thinking and praying about my future which is so unknown to me--God knows me, so that even if I can't figure out what in the world I'd want to do with my life next, He knows just what is best for me.  Weird, yet extremely comforting, to think that someone knows me better than I do!

Today I focused on verses 7-12.  No matter where I go, God is there.  He's in every place and in every time.  So when I go forward into the unknown, God is there.  Even there His hand will lead me, and He won't let go of me.  (We sang this song at the Pastor's Conference that I've thought of often--Oh no,  You never let go,  You never let go of me)  And even when I feel overwhelmed at the darkness--not being able to see ahead into what the future holds for me--the darkness isn't dark to God.  Darkness? Light?  Doesn't matter to God.  It's ALL light to Him--clear as day--no shadowy corners He can't see.  So I can walk forward knowing that He sees it all clearly, and when it's the best, most loving time for me to see too, He'll show me.

Now if I can only be patient and wait and keep walking, doing the things He shows me each day...

No comments: