Tuesday, July 17, 2012

An Overdue Update

What a neglectful updater I've been--but skyping kind of takes care of the updates at least for a while.

So, we skyped with Hannah on Friday night after a crazy-busy week of painting Abby's room (Monday and part of Tuesday), meeting Abby's roommate (Wednesday), coloring Abby's hair with Carrie's help (Thursday), and finishing Abby's camera bag in time for LT (also Thursday).  Friday I walked alone then with Veena for about an hour, then cleaned, we went to Wal-Mart to get some stuff for LT, made quiche for dinner.

The Hares came to our house around 9:30 to spend the night before leaving at 6am for LT.  We didn't really get to bed until 11pm at least, and we were up at 5am--good thing too because Chuck and Kayla were here at 5:45am!  Everyone got their stuff loaded and off they went with little Rosie driving our big van!  I prayed a lot for her because I knew she was nervous about that!

Jeff and I went back to sleep--I thought I'd never fall asleep, but I was wrong.  We went for a walk in the late morning which was kind of weird because it wasn't too hot--it was cloudy which made a huge difference.

We were going to talk about budget stuff, but started talking about church stuff instead which took most of the day.  We're working on a 5 year plan.

I went to Shaffer's just as Abby called a little after 5pm to say they were there!  Then Kaite came over after babysitting for the Eatons, and we ate dinner, walked, she did laundry and off she went again!

Sunday was busy--church, then lunch with Erin, then Aldi for fruit for small group, then cutting up the fruit, making scotcheroos, and to the Eatons for a cookout.  It was really fun, and even with all the kids running around, we got to talk.  Sad thing though--Zakk turned on the treadmill, slipped or something, and got some bad scrapes from the belt--especially on his leg and arm.  Poor guy!  I'm sure they will now understand why they've been told to stay off of it!

Monday I  had a lovely day with the Lord, reading, journaling, walking and praying.  It was nice to have a whole day to just have a long quiet time.  I was going to go to Angie's again since the guys were going to go out for the evening (minus Jeff who was golfing), but then Jeff didn't golf, Jason didn't go because Emily had an ear infection and Angie was at the doctor with her too late.  So, I returned Abby's library books, picked up a book from Linda and chatted with her which was very nice, and went home.  Started reading Soul Healing again.  Good stuff.

Today I felt like I was forcing myself to do everything.  Maybe I'm just lazy, but I didn't feel like starting the painting process again by myself.  I did clean out Hannah's room, and I started to tape, then Jeff and I got the furniture out tonight so I can start painting tomorrow.  I hope the yellow covers without too many coats!!

I also went to get paint, went to the bank, and went to WalMart.  Now that the remodeling is mostly done, it's much better...but it's still WalMart!

I made fish with tomatoes, peppers, and onions on top with rice and green beans for dinner.  Tasted pretty good. 

I also talked to someone about the new school program at UV.  She asked if I could volunteer on Friday afternoons to help out with the jr. high and high school students.  I'm not sure if I will or not.  So hard to make a decision when I don't know what I'm doing or should be doing or will be doing...so I'll keep praying about it and try to be patient.

That about sums it up for now!

1 comment:

H. Yackley said...

Thanks for the update! I'll get you guys one here this next weekend... Skype really has done a great job of keeping us updated though :-P Anywhos. Can't wait to see you soon! Great job on getting the painting jobs done this summer! I'm sure that's a relief!