Friday, July 09, 2010

A quick pre-LT post!

I'll post really fast even though I feel like I should be packing more or cleaning or something more productive for LT. I've been at it all day, though, and things are coming together well I think. Meme and Pops were here until 1pm. Pops and Hannah went shopping, and she got some great pants and jeans, a shirt and a hat (of course). They took our Greta with them--tear, tear. I just came to sit down to blog and looked to see where she was...gone...:( I'm actually really glad she's with them, though. I know they'll take good care of her.

About half an hour after they left, I noticed that Meme had left her purse...of course, Pops didn't have his cell phone on, so repeated calls made no difference. Her phone was in her purse, so we just hoped they would notice and come back, or call and tell us what to do with it. I tried their house too and no answering machine. So I waited until I thought they would be home and tried again. She had just noticed it was missing, so I went to the post office to mail it at 4:40pm. Just made it in time! Not exactly the extra thing I needed to do, but it did give me a chance to stop at Marc's to get more M&Ms for the trip.

On the way to the PO, I was praying and just telling God how tired I am and how much I'm going to need His grace for this next week. It feels like, just like Katie was talking about Gideon and all of his extras being taken away, I had big plans to get lots of rest this week and to have time to prepare for LT. However, curve balls have been flying my way quite regularly, and I've just had to do what needed to be done without time to sleep well, prepare, plan, etc.

So, I go into the post office at 4:55pm and this little old lady goes in in front of me. She had a VERY long and somewhat humorous conversation with the mailman about "forever stamps" and then when she purchased some, it took quite a while to get her money, etc. It just sort of made me laugh. Even on my out-of-the-way errand and while I was trying to hurry, I got another reminder to be patient and just let things be as they are and deal with it without stressing. I chuckled quite a while about it all--she was a very funny little lady!

So, Jeff went to get gas in the van, and then I hope we can take a walk. It'll be a long time in the car and I haven't walked yet today. Yesterday on my walk, I got dive-bombed by a bird several times! I guess we'll have to wear helmets or something when we get to that part of the street. It was actually kind of scary to have a bird just come after me time after time. It never got me, but I ducked and just ran down the other side of the street. Yikes! I can see why Meme doesn't like birds much if that's how they've treated her! :)

Well, Jeff is back and so on we must go. Hopefully, I'll have time to blog at some point at LT. I'm praying that God speaks to my very tired and parched heart. I could use some serious spiritual refreshment. However, I've learned not to try to figure out just how that could happen. It may come through more trials and curve balls. But in all things, God is good. That much I do know!

No comments: