Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Daily Grind

Let's see, posted last on Monday night. Tuesday, Abby had driving school again, and I drove Addie to tennis, went to Angie's until I had to pick her up again. Then, had another hour or so before I had to pick Abby up and I made some BBQ ham sandwiches in the crock pot, cleaned green beans, and made a salad. Picked up Abby and was starving for lunch!

I did some laundry in the afternoon and worked on some school stuff. We ate dinner while skyping with Katie which was fun. Can't wait until we can all sit around the table in person together and chat!

Abby went to Tarbucks with KTF, Jeff and I went to FedEx to pick up his phone that they didn't deliver because they needed a signature--and Hannah didn't answer the door "to sign for the packages" (we just watched Matilda--I love that movie!), then we went for a walk and did a conference call for LT. It was interesting to hear what others thought and all the great things that happened in kids' lives. Starting to plan for next year already.

Today, I took a walk early because it was a very warm day. Then did the church email, girls' laundry, and went to Deals and Target to get some things for Rosie's shower and to buy Orange Juice! I have been out for a few days, and I can't believe how much I miss it! I was starving my 11:30am I think because I didn't have that extra filler. Went to pick up Abby and since it was such a hot day, I didn't want to wait in the car, soooo I had to go into Gerri's Closet and happened to find a GAP light green short trench coat for $5, and a new top for $1. Good $6 spent!

We stopped at the library on the way home and got our Happy Meal coupons and I paid my $8 fine. Yes, I did say $8...forgetting videos and then forgetting to renew library books while at LT adds up fast. Oh well, friends of the library...

I worked more on school stuff and called April and said that I would teach those 2 more classes. I feel like God has given me an opportunity to try something in the most accepting possible atmosphere. Everyone seems so thankful that I would do it, and after adding up how much extra income it would give, it does seem like it would be worth it. So I am going to be a teacher...the very thing I said I would never do. Isn't that just like God too? To show me that I don't know myself all that well after all, and to ask me to do something that I can only do with God's help. I will definitely need Him! But I can also not put so much pressure on myself to do everything super organized ahead of time for the whole year. Little bit at a time.

We ate eggs for dinner since Dad had Kraus's for lunch, and then Dad took Abby to feed the Kile's pond fish. Then Dad and I went to meet with Coopers and Marettes which was really good. Got to talk through the LT stuff and get help and support. So nice to have fellow-laborers who understand and want to help.

Now I just ate ice cream and need to go to bed. Hopefully, I can sleep in some since Abby doesn't have to go to driving school. I've been getting up to say good bye to her every morning. We had a storm tonight and I hope it's done so that Greta can sleep too and not shiver and pant and walk around the bed all night! Poor little thing!

Tomorrow I plan to clean the carpet in the family room and living room. It's one of the things on my list and I hope that I can actually get it done and cross it off. We are going to Rachel's grad party tomorrow night and taking Eh Dah Doe and Po and hopefully Ehne Thau if I can get in touch with her. So that will be our Karen girl event for the week, which means I can clean carpet and it will stay cleaner for another week! Actually, they don't make things dirty--just having more people does it.

So, to bed. Can't believe that Katie is down to the last couple of days in Dresden. I am praying for a great last couple of days and safe traveling in the coming week. What an awesome opportunity!! But I must admit that I am looking forward to getting to have all my girls under one roof for a little while at least! Mother Hen is deeply ingrained I guess. :)

1 comment:

Kaite said...

LIKES ALL OF THIS SO MUCH. :-D