Monday, July 26, 2010

And sometimes it's hard even weeks later

I don't know...sadly, LT has this dark cloud around it this year since we've still had things to deal with even now. Mistakes we made, certainly, but some misunderstandings of our intentions and even strangely different perceptions of how the week went...really hard to understand and accept and deal with. But we believe it is still true that God chose us to be there at that time with those people with those kids for some reason He knows. He doesn't make mistakes. And somehow He will work it all out.

Saturday we went to get Greta, our dear, sweet doggie! We picked up Meme and Greta and went to Panera for breakfast and sat outside. It was a hot day, but we had shade and a breeze so we were quite comfortable and enjoyed ourselves. Wish we could have sat there all day, but I had told the Karen girls I would pick them up at 12, so we went back to Erik's and said good-bye to Pops and came home. Jeff and Abby saved me and went to pick them up so I could make "soup and rice" so that it could be ready when they got here. We ate and went swimming. I felt like I didn't have much to offer them, but just to let them have fun. Still tired! We took them home around 7pm.

Sunday was LT Sunday, and the kids did a great job of sharing what they learned. There were many good things, and I need to keep those in focus so the hard things don't take over in my mind. We went to Elysia's grad party after church which was very nice. Lots of good food! I got to feed and hold Hailey so that Angie could eat--so glad I asked before someone else got her! Lisa Jaster got Emily! I was so tired when I got home that I had to lie down for a little, then we got to talk to Katie some. We walked in the evening and watched a Psych. Early to bed because today was an early morning.

Abby had her first driving school class at 8am-12:15pm. Jeff took her early to do the paperwork. I walked and paid bills, went to GE, and two banks--one for Hannah and one for Katie--and picked up Abby. Must be on time because there's a $30 fee if you're late. Talked to Meme on the phone for a while. She called to see how Greta was doing being at home again. She must miss her. :)

I had a long QT followed by a nap because I could no longer keep my eyes open. April called to ask if I would be interested in teaching two more classes: middle school American history and language arts. Oh my...I don't know if I can even teach one class let alone FOUR! But it is an answer to prayer for more income. So I need to pray and think about that. I don't want to bite off more than I can chew, but I know sometimes God asks us to do things that we need His help for or we crash and burn. Just need to discern which this is!

I made chicken fried rice for dinner with banana chocolate chip muffins. Then Abby and I went to the Kiles to water and feed their pond fish. They have a nice back yard. We were waiting for the pond to fill up some and lounging on their deck and thinking how rough of a job we had...:) We even picked some of their cherry tomatoes that were ripe and falling off the plant. She didn't mention it, but I figured, why let them fall and rot on the ground?

So now, I am blogging--and Hannah reminded me that I said she takes the newspaper home free from Panera, but I failed to mention that it's so that she can recycle them and not just to read them. She is helping the environment!! Honest!!

I just got a call to take Addie to tennis practice tomorrow morning and maybe Andrew to the orthodontist on Friday. She's asked several times for Addie and I've always been busy, so I'm glad that I can do it tomorrow. Now I have to figure out how much to charge. That's always a puzzlement to me!

Well, now I need to talk to my hubby who just got home from golfing. And has a great story about how he got a Droid today, but I will let him tell that himself...Good night, dear reader.

2 comments:

Kaite said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

I went to your page thinking, "I really hope Mom blogged, I just want to read a blog post and then I'll go get started on my day, honest." :-D

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE hearing all the little details about home. I can't wait till I'm there. It's nice because it makes the time here take longer ;) *sigh* Can't wait! And can't wait to hear Dad's droid story, either!

Melissa said...

Glad you love the details. Sometimes it all seems so mundane, but I guess that is what makes up much of life. And Aweswald would say that's what God cares about--the journey is IT--not the destination. So the mundane details it is...