Sunday, September 12, 2010

Long time, no blog

Long time, no blog...Ever since Tuesday, I haven't been feeling well, so I've been doing the basics and not much else. Wed. I did manage to teach my science class, but didn't feel great. Thursday, I worked on school stuff, but felt "officially" sick: coughing, achy, chills. Yuck. One day of somewhat rest, and then Friday we had planned to have our small group over, so I cleaned and made rigatoni for that. Coughing more and feeling crummy. And of course it was a later night.

Saturday, I did very little. Told the Karen girls we couldn't have them over since I was sick. But Jeff and I did work on the budget for a very long time. Not sure what took so long except that for every question, it took some time to find the information to answer it. But one exciting thing there...as of the end of September (Lord willing and no emergencies arise) we will be done with our 3-6 month emergency fund, Baby Step #3!! Yay!! On to finishing our retirement allotment and working on saving for college and a car. We will need another one some day since the Honda and Saturn are both 1999s. That seems really old...is that right? I think it is...well, good thing we've upped our savings for that!

Today I didn't go to church because I kept waking up during the night coughing, and so Jeff let me sleep in until they were leaving. Good to rest more, have a long quiet time, make a "neck-a-lace" and then Jeff and Abby were home.

We did go for a walk, and I made it without a coughing fit, so that was good. Now Jeff and Abby are doing their Sunday route to get a paper, take some rigatoni to the Eatons that I wanted to give them on Friday night but forgot, and get shaving cream for Abby's youth group kick-off at Green Valley tonight. Sounds like it will be a "let's get sticky!" kind of night there.

Jeff and I are going to try to have a semi-date while she's there, although I won't be able to talk much, but maybe at least get dinner somewhere even if we don't go out. I need to be able to talk for 3 hours tomorrow: from 9-11am and from 1:30-2:30pm. So I need to save my words for that.

So, that's my life lately. Fairly boring, but being sick has that effect. Glad to hear Katie and Hannah are doing well at Kent. Love reading Hannah's blog about her daily affairs--what she's eating, what classes are like, who she's hanging out with, etc. And since some of it is done with Katie, I can keep up with her that way too--and fb and calls of course.

So, maybe I'll go out and enjoy this lovely day by reading a book outside...until later, dear readers.

1 comment:

Kaite said...

"Sounds like it will be a "let's get sticky!" kind of night there."


AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! LOOOOOVVVEE!

And I'm planning on talking to you people today so hopefully you'll be all caught up then. :-D