Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My day off (of sorts)

My day "off" which means I got to stay home and work on the financial side of teaching and running a household. I actually really like that stuff though. Even got Abby started on a budgeting system of sorts for her "Personal Finance" course this semester. Then I went to the bank and Giant Eagle. I got some good deals with sales and coupons. Oh yeah, I did watch the Geometry video with Abby, and we talked about her school assignments some too.

For dinner I made Garlic Shrimp Pasta--it was kind of our "first day of school" dinner which I try to make every year, kind of something special, but since last night Jeff was gone golfing, I saved it for tonight. I looked over my Physical Science books for tomorrow after dinner while Jeff took a nap and Abby blogged. We have an experiment to do almost at the beginning of class, so I wanted to make sure I knew what we were doing! I don't have to go until a little later, so I still have some time to make our lunch and put everything together.

I missed both Katie's and Hannah's calls today. Abby got to talk to both of them though, so she passed along the info. Glad to hear they're doing well and looking forward to hearing more of what their first few days have been like. I can imagine they are super-busy. Tonight is brownie night--excited to hear about that too!

Well, today has been much less eventful than yesterday, and I'm grateful for that actually. I admire all of those hard-working people who get up every single day and go to work at the same place, doing the same thing. I like the variety of getting up and going one day and then being able to sleep in a little and do things at home the next. So, I'm going to try to just enjoy whatever the day holds now that our schedule is different than ever before. That's been true to some degree every school year, but this year seems really different. I am thankful too that we have a couple of weeks to get used to school before dance and Urban Vision start. Those things will add a whole new dimension of busyness!

Tomorrow is the first day of school for the Karen kids--well, all of the Akron kids. I will be praying for them because I know they have a lot to deal with--wish I could have seen them before their first day to hear about how they are feeling about it all, but hopefully we'll get to hear all about it Saturday.

Now I could actually have an hour of down-time before bed, so I'm going to take it!! And maybe eat a treat too!

No comments: