Monday, August 02, 2010

Monday in My World

Last Monday until Katie is home again! Sounds like a lovely visit in Cologne, and Belgium is next! I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow and have been thinking about things that Katie likes--we already have the Oreos for an Oreo and coffee morning. :) But I'll probably just wait until she's actually here to see what she wants.

Today I took Hannah to the doctor to get her meningitis vaccination--which she already got last May. I asked the doctor to please write those down because I am a bad mother and don't keep good records of those things. :) But she got a form filled out to document her hearing loss so that she can sit where she needs to if there's ever a problem. And her MMR form too. And she got the first of two Hepatitis A vaccinations. She has to go back in 6 months or more for the second one. She said it was something they're recommending now, and if you ever plan to go on a missions trip or anything, you'd need it. Also, Hannah was 5 feet 5 inches. Hmm...that's MY height!

Then I took her home and went to Hillwood to meet with Mrs. Jones. She is like an Energizer Bunny--so much energy and works so fast! We went through her science supplies--well, she did, at lightning speed--and I tried to keep up by checking off what she had. It is SOOOO nice of her to just let me use everything and not have to order it, etc. She has been extremely generous with her time and advice and resources. She's helped me pick American History curriculum and even gave me suggestions on grammar too.

I thought I had grammar all figured out because I was just going to order whatever Sonlight suggested. But after looking at samples and reading reviews, I think it will be too easy and not enough to do for middle schoolers. So she gave me suggestions and I'm working on figuring that out. I do feel relieved though about the history stuff. What she found looks very teacher-friendly and won't require me to come up with lots of stuff to do. It's all in there. Whew!

So nice to have someone who knows what they are doing and can give me advice and save me from having to find out the hard way or spend a gazillion hours preparing for not much money!

I picked Abby up at driving school and we had lunch and I re-cleaned the family room carpet. Just the middle part. It still got the water pretty dirty! Then a quiet time and working on school stuff, dinner, cleaning up and a walk. We saw the Kiles after their vacation looking very tan and adorable. :) Then I looked at more school stuff and sent some facebook messages--I'm trying to get in touch with Lindsay and Eva to see if they're around on Friday when H. is planning to go to Kent, but I've left 2 messages for Lindsay and don't want to be a pest. So I though fb would be another option.

Now a quick blog post and bedtime. I've still been very tired. I think I need to take my vitamins again. I let them run out and didn't replace them, but even if it's just for the placebo, I need to take them again! :) Tomorrow is the grocery store, and Abby has driving again. And the library. I got rid of my $8 fine, and I don't want to run up another one! EEK!

Hannah just got home from work...only a few more days left...I think she'll be glad to be done. But it's been good to earn some money--she's done very well at saving! Hope I can do as well with my income from teaching. :)

Good night, dear reader!

No comments: