Thursday, May 27, 2010

Today's News

So last night was a long one in the Falls with piano and dance and then more dance until almost 10pm. I went to Marc's though and found some more cool pictures for church for only $9.99, and they were from Kohl's marked $99.99! I got seeds to plant--zinnias and cosmos, my favorite flowers to cut for arrangements.

Then I went to the Falls Library and got several books about finances and women going back to work after being home to raise a family--who know those kind of books even existed? But they seem like they will be very helpful and address some of the issues I have. Like, one minute I feel like I could do anything, and the next minute I feel like I can do nothing, which apparently is fairly common after being out of the "workforce" for a long time. And in my case, I wasn't even in the workforce for very long to start with--but I wouldn't change a thing!! Being home with my dear girls was the best job I could ever imagine, and no other job will ever be as rewarding and enjoyable. However, it might give me a paycheck to help with college and other expenses, and it would definitely give my brain a challenge to keep thinking and not get old and rusty.

After the girls were done with their class, we got Icees and ate them and hung out until Hannah practiced her senior dance from 9-9:40pm. I got to talk to Gina and Kay in some of those times, so that was a nice surprise for me.

Today I went to Urban Vision to talk about the Reading stuff for this summer's four week program. It looks like I'll get to use some of my Aesop's Fables from last summer again. We're meeting again next week to actually plan the four weeks.

It's warm and humid again today--really, it's going to be a shocker when the temperature goes back to normal for May/early June.

Hannah is leaving for work--the president of Panera is supposed to be visiting their store today, so she has to look extra sharp and do an extra-specially good job cleaning the dining room--though I suspect she always does. :)

Justin and Laura had a baby boy yesterday!! We may go to visit them tonight--Justin said they want visitors at the hospital--he's so excited to have their baby!!

So far I've done some laundry and washed sheets--Uncle Randy is coming tomorrow to stay Friday and Saturday nights, so I need to get the basement back in order for him. The Karen girls were down there during the party on Saturday. They may come on Sunday night and spend the night and go to the Memorial Day parade on Monday. That's always fun!

My back was starting to feel like it might give me trouble, but I've been taking care of it by using good posture and not sitting too long, which I think is the culprit sometimes. Spent a lot of time yesterday sitting in the car.

This is ending up being a busier week than I expected--I still haven't tackled the school room disaster area after the party. But still no pressing or urgent stuff--just the usual stuff plus some meetings. Can't complain! It's all good!

No comments: