Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Feels like Summer

This week feels like summer has arrived all in a few days with 80-85 degree days, sunshine, and warm breezes. Kinda nice because I feel like the lazy days of summer even though it's only May! Last night we watched the season finale of Chuck which was so amazingly well done--suspense, surprises, but nice closure on some things and lots of new questions we're waiting to have answered next season.

Today I walked by myself (too hot for Greta) and prayed and had some time to think--the Reflected Life is important to me, you know. Then Hannah and Abby and I went to Berean to look for Bibles for them, but they didn't find just what they wanted. I read some of Dave Ramsey's new book which is always inspiring to keep going with the Baby Steps and meeting those goals. Paid bills, ate lunch, started a book from the library called "The Average Family's Guide to Financial Freedom" which seems like it might be good. Since we're having leftover lasagna from the party for dinner, I might even go outside and read for a while before dinner. Nothing planned for tonight--weird to have a Tuesday free and not have to volunteer at Urban Vision.

I've been working on my flyers for tutoring this summer. I'd like to get them out this week. Thinking of going with M.Y. Study Skills as the name(you girls kind of came up with that at dinner before you left!). Hard to get motivated to jump into the next thing when I'm still so tired from the last things, but I know I need to.
Randy is coming on Friday to stay until Sunday so I know I need to get things put back together by then!

Well, dear reader, I guess I'll go and enjoy the sunshine and read while I can before dinner!

1 comment:

Kaite said...

Katie Yackley...

LOVES THIS SO MUCH!!!!
:-D